1. Only one application will be accepted per person. There is no limit to the number of
applications per company.
2. Mobile News reserves the right to refuse to accept team names which are felt in
Mobile News’ sole opinion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be
deleted and your team will appear under the manager’s ame only. Please bear this
in mind when naming your team.
3. The people included on the selection list have been determined arbitrarily. Mobile News
will not enter into any correspondence relating to the inclusion or non-inclusion of individual people or their classification or ranking. Nor will Mobile News accept the inclusion into a reader’s team selection of any person not on the published list.
4. For the purpose of the Mobile News Fantasy League, the information published for
each person will remain in effect throughout the competition: eg, should a person change company in eal life, this will not be reflected in the Mobile News Fantasy League.
5. Readers’ team selection must consist of 12 people chosen from the published
list of industry personalities.
6. Fortnightly scores per person are provided by Mobile News, and are the copyright of
Mobile News, based on the person’s appearing in Mobile News. Mobile News will not
enter into any correspondence relating to the allocation of points to people. Only appearances in Mobile News between the issues dated September 22, 2008, and March 4, 2009, count towards Mobile News Fantasy League points.
8. Readers whose team selection does not meet the criteria detailed will not be
9. Incomplete, illegible or late applications will not be accepted. Mobile News is
not responsible for applications, manager’s sheets or new personality forms lost or delayed in the course of transmission. Proof of postage or fax is not proof of receipt.
10. This competition is only open to UK residents.
11. There is no cash alternative to any of the prizes awarded to the final Mobile News
Fantasy League champion.
12. The winner of the overall league will win a table (10 tickets) to the Mobile News
Awards evening during March 2009.
13. The Mobile News Fantasy League champion will be the manager with the highest
points score at the end of the competition. In the event of a tie, the winner will be
decided by the team which has the highest-scoring substitute.
If the result is still a tie, then the best score of the highest ranking personality on the team will count.
If there is still a tie, then the winning managers will be required to write a job
advertisement based on a criteria set by the publisher of Mobile News. The
publisher’s decision is final.
14. Entry constitutes permission for Mobile News to use names, team selections and
photographs of participants at its discretion, for publicity purposes.
15. Mobile News’ decision is final and it shall not be obliged to enter into any
correspondence regarding the Mobile News Fantasy League.
16. Instructions for this promotion form part of the Terms and Conditions.
17. Mobile News has absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, to amend or waive the
rules, or to suspend the competition at any time in the event that it considers it
necessary or desirable to do so for whatever reason.
Promoter: Mobile News,
Clark White Publications Ltd.,
102-108 Clerkenwell Road,
London, EC1M 5SA.
Fantasy League 2009 Terms & Conditions