O2 suspends Mobile Landline

0
473

O2 has suspended all new connections to its Mobile Landline service until further notice.

O2’s Mobile Landline service launched in July last year after the network agreed an exclusive partnership with FMC provider GoHello, which Mobile News reported last week had gone bankrupt.

The service offered businesses the ability to set up a geographic fixed line number through a mobile phone, creating a mobile office solution.

Dealers connection through O2 distributors Avenir Telecom, Fone Logistics and HSC received ‘confidential’ emails late yesterday explaining the service is now suspended until further notice.

O2 told Mobile News last week its Mobile Landline service would not be affected, but has today said it is currently in the process of switching all existing customers to a new platform with some customers likely to experience a loss of service.

HSC, Avenir and Fone Logistics dealers received emails late yesterday explaining the service is now suspended until further notice.

An O2 spokesperson said: “We are aware of the issues facing Go Hello and we are in the process of migrating customers to an alternative platform for Mobile Landline.

“Service to the majority of Mobile Landline customers will not be affected, but some customers may lose some Mobile Landline features as a result of the migration.

“We are in the process of contacting all customers currently using Mobile Landline to explain what this interim service means to them.”

GoHello filed for bankruptcy late last year and went into liquidation on December 8. All staff in Denmark had their contracts terminated, with many unpaid. GoHello customers in Denmark lost service on December 11 after its servers were shut down.

The UK arm of the business was sold to private investor JD Partners and is expected to re-launch and re-brand in the coming weeks.

 

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY