Affected contract customers to get 10 per cent off their July bill, with prepay customers receiving 10 per cent extra on their first top-up in September
O2 has announced a 10 per cent reduction off mobile bills this month and an additional 10 per cent of top-up on prepay for all customers affected by last week’s network outage.
The reduction for contract customers will be applied to their September bill, with prepay users able to receive their extra top-up credit in the same month.
The operator is also giving all of its customers a £10 voucher to spend in any O2 store. This will be available via the Priority Moments app or online at www.o2.co.uk/priority between September 1 and 30.
The voucher will come with no minimum spend. One voucher can be used per transaction and no change given.
O2 will contact all consumer customers and small businesses with fewer than 10 connections with full details via text message by the end of the working day on July 27.
Other business customers will receive full details through their account managers or O2′s channel partners in the coming days.
The outage, which affected a third of O2′s customer base of 23 million subscribers, was reported at around 1:30pm last Wednesday (July 11) when a number of mobile phone numbers were unable to register correctly on the network. Full service was completely restored 24 hours later.
In post on its blog, O2 said: “As we said in our last update, we want to make it up to our customers for the loss of service some people experienced last week.
“The issue we had was unprecedented and we recognise that has caused inconvenience and frustration to those impacted over that one-day period.
“We have now identified all those customers directly affected (those whose devices could not connect on our system) and we are giving them the equivalent of three days back for the disruption as a gesture of goodwill and to say sorry.”