Tim Cahill’s volley against the Netherlands sees highest traffic ever recorded on EE’s network
EE has revealed that traffic on its network during the World Cup reached its peak during the Costa Rica v Italy match on Friday 20 June.
Surprisingly, England could only manage second place on the list with the Three Lions dead rubber against Costa Rica, after they had already crashed out of the tournament.
Revealingly, both games kicked off at 5PM when many people would still have been at work and unable to watch the game via television.
EE also recorded the highest traffic on its network ever following Tim Cahill’s stunning volley against the Netherlands at 5.21pm on 18 June. The network believes this was due to a huge number of people checking replays and social media posts while still at work.
Germany’s demolition of hosts Brazil could only manage fourth on the list.
The full list
1. Costa Rica vs Italy, 17:00 KO, Friday 20th June, Group stage
2. England vs Costa Rica, 17:00 KO, Tuesday 24th June, Group stage
3. Uruguay vs England, 20:00 KO, Thursday 19th June, Group stage
4. Brazil vs Germany, 21:00 KO, Tuesday 8th July, Semi-final
5. France vs Germany, 17:00 KO, Monday 30th June, Last 16
6. Germany vs Portugal, 17:00 KO; Monday 16th June, Group stage
7. Netherlands vs Argentina, 21:00 KO, Wednesday 9th July, Semi-final
8. Belgium vs USA, 21:00 KO, Tuesday 1st July, Last 16
9. Argentina vs Switzerland, 21:00 KO, Tuesday 1st July, Last 16
10. Brazil vs Colombia, 21:00 KO, Friday 4th July, Quarter-final