IoT starter kit unveiled at IFA last week can be bought online and in store from Curry’s PC World or Samsung’s website
Samsung unveiled its SmartThings Internet of Things proposition at IFA last week and it has now gone on sale in the UK.
The new Starter Kit and upgraded home security Hub are both available from Samsung’s website and Curry’s PC World from today (September 10).
The IoT proposition allows users to monitor their home from anywhere via a smartphone app, with additional products available or set to be launched by the Korean manufacturer in the future.
• a SmartThings Hub to connect with smart sensors, lights, locks, cameras (£30)
• a SmartThings Multi Sensor to monitor whether doors, windows, drawers or your garage are open or closed (£30)
• a SmartThings Motion Sensor to monitor movement in your home (£30)
• a SmartThings Presence Sensor to know when people, pets and cars arrive or leave home (£30)
• a SmartThings Power Outlet to control lights, electronics and small appliances (£45).
Additional sensors have to be purchased separately and are priced as above. There is also a moisture sensor that is not included in the Starter Kit, but is available for £30. The Starter Kit costs £199.