Apple’s European HQ evacuated due to bomb warning

0
227

5,000 staff in Cork headquarters were temporarily forced to leave sites as police searched the premises following security alert 

Almost 5,000 members of staff were this morning (January 18) forced to evacuate Apple’s European headquarters in Cork while police searched the site following a security alert.

A police spokesperson told the Irish Times that a bomb threat had been posted on the Garda website at 8:20am, leading Apple management to evacuate the HQ at 10am following a consultation.

Apple own two sites in Cork – one at Holyhill and the other at Lavitt’s Quay – but the threat did not specify which site, leading both to be evacuated.

“We’re assisting in searches with security teams from the facility as a result of a security alert,” the police spokesman said.

Mobile News understands that Apple began letting staff back into the building at around 12pm.

Apple declined to comment on the incident.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY