Official comms and tech partner for music festival unveils free app and on-site swap service for Juice Tube Power Bank
EE has launched the only official mobile app for this year’s Glastonbury Festival, as well as details of on-site phone charging for the event.
The app is free to download from the Apple iOS and Google Play stores, available to users regardless of what network they are using.
It includes a number of features:
- My line-up allows revellers to plan their personal festival line up;
- Facebook integration lets them share their in-app schedule and see which friends are planning to see the same artists;
- An interactive map that includes location finding, now and next info and customisable pin drops to help users keep their bearings and locate their friends, car and tent;
- New section featuring real-time updates direct from the festival over the weekend;
- Live streaming from the BBC allows fans, both on and off site, to watch the latest performances from the six main stages;
- Deezer integration will let users lsiten to artists performing at the festival – over 475,000 tracks were streamed via the app last year.
Two charging options
For this year, there are two options for revellers to keep their phone charged: the traditional and free to all ‘Recharge’ tent – which has double the capacity for 2016 – and the Juice Tube Power Bank with on-site swap service.
The latter, manufactured by Banbury-based accessories manufacturer Gusto Telecom, is a portable phone charger which is available to buy in advance of the festival from today via ee.co.uk for £20.
This price also includes access to a daily swap service on site, enabling users to exchange their product once it runs out for a fully charged one each day at the Exchange cabins.
The Juice Tube Power Bank can also be bought as part of the EE Festival Essentials pack for £25, which includes a waterproof phone case, poncho and lightweight canvas rucksack.
EE brand director Spencer McHugh said: “The app was accessed over three million times over last year’s festival and we expect even more interaction in 2016. It’s the perfect digital companion to help people plan their weekend.”